How to Film
- Tape from a high perspective when possible (at least several feet from the ground).
A tripod is highly recommended.
- Do not zoom in and out. The wider the angle the better.
- Imagine the field separated into thirds (offensive, middle, defensive). When the ball is in the offensive or defensive third of the field, film the entire 18-yard box and beyond. When the ball is in the middle of the field, film the entire middle third.
- Show enough of the field so that we are able to see the player’s vision, runs with and without the ball, use of space, combinations with teammates, etc.
- Coaches want to see the progression of each play so you need a wide enough angle to capture multiple players, but they also want to see foot skills and technical abilities so do not lose focus on the primary player you are recording.